If you want to enjoy the Cretan summer and be comfortable without getting bothered, here's how to keep yourself cool:
Say no to:
- Sunbathing especially between 11am and 3pm can be extremely dangerous causing exhaustion or heat strokes
- Heavy diet and alcohol increase the body temperature and light meal is a key, since anything heavy is an enemy during a heatwave.
-Hard physical activities & Workouts particularly in areas with high temperature, stillness wind and high humidity.
- Dark colours clothes heat up faster than white clothes in the sun, as greedily absorbs into the fabric.
- Walking for a long time, running under the sun and trips with many embarkations-disembarkations.
Say Yes to:
- Stay in shady and cool places away from crowded areas and always wear a hat.
- Shut out the sun between 11am and 3pm, when the sun is strongest and open the windows at night to cool.
- Keep hydrated with fruits and veggies rich in tannins, such as grapes, bananas, apricots, nectarines, beans and peaches will offer yourself the proper refreshing, moisturizing drink/meal.
- Choose to wear cotton and light-colored clothes made of natural fabrics to help body ventilation and sweat evaporation.
- Showers in lukewarm water will be more effective keeping cool in summer (water temperature about 33⁰C) rather than a cold shower (water temperature 20-25⁰C).
airbnb superhost since 2014
of Travel & Tourist Agencies