Crete has a spectacular bistro life where local people and visitors meet. We have selected the most picturesque places, where you can enjoy a cool freddo capuccino or a refreshing juice while you admire the scenic environment of the island.
1. Old Harbor, Chania Coming with the best recommendations, the Venetian harbor with the lighthouse is the most recognizable place of the island with numerous historical and cultural points of interest to visit before or after tasting a wide range of sweet and savory snacks in cosmopolitan cafes.
2. Matala This seaside village in South Crete, near Phaistos, is not just another Cretan fishing village. Its primitive environment with the famous carved caves with significant historical interest is a hot spot to travel mentally back in time.
3. Morosini Fountain (Lion's Fountain), Heraklion Also called the Lion' Square, is the landmark of the city of Heraklion with archeological value, the meeting point for the locals and guest where home made ice cream and the famous creamy bougatsa are a ‘must-taste’.
4. Lake Kournas, Chania The one and only large natural lake of Crete in an enchanting landscape of hills, is a romantic spot to admire its serenity all year round at the old fashioned cafes and restaurants above the shore.
5. Lassithi Plateau The largest plateau not only of Crete but also of Greece, with hundreds windmills, is a place that cultivates the tastiest vegetables you have probably tasted. Countless fresh and healthy ingredients are used in the restaurants and cafes, the right site to admire the unbeaten of beauty landscape.
6. Agios Nikolaos Identified by the touristic development with all kinds of shops, cafes and restaurants, it maintains an unsurpassed beauty over the "lake" Voulismeni at the center of impressions.
7.Elounda, Lassithi The place of absolute luxury and ambassador of Crete to the rest of the world, is worth a visit to enjoy the beauty of Mirabelo bay together with fresh Cretan pies, freshly cut salads or sweets.
8. Spili, Rethymno Transport junction for the south coast and ideal base to explore the beautiful beaches of the south, Spili is a verdant village that serves the best traditional Greek coffee in its central square accompanied by the crystal clear waters running from 25 lion fountains.
Airbnb superhost since 2014
of Travel & Tourist Agencies