The natural landscape and the richness of the island of Crete is so great that offers the best spot for entertainment sports and activities for your best holidays in your life.
1. Watersports. When it comes to watersports, Crete offers quite a few interesting choices, starting from parasailing, waterskiing, windsurfing and kite-surfing, widely practiced thanks to the winds of the Cretan Sea.
2. Swimming. Crete attracts sun-seeking visitors and beach lovers who are spellbound by summer sun and endless sandy beaches. Get away from the pool for a day and you will discover myriad squeeky blonde sands and to swim in crystal clear waters, a bliss for your mind and health.
3. 4WD off-road getaways. Enjoy a four-wheel drivetour to discover the hinterland, it's a wonderful idea to visit the wild and untamed yet majestic terrain of Crete.
4. Scuba Diving. It's one of the most magical yet adventure sports that, as a visitor in Crete you have the opportunity to contact with the calmness of the water element and take a tour of a world well hidden and distant from our everyday life, the underwater world of Crete.
5. Horse Riding. Discover the country of Crete from the back of a horse.Giorgalidiko horse is the authentic breed of Crete and is among the few in the whole world that makes side walking, which makes the ride easier, especially for the beginner rider.
6. Mountain Bike. New trails means new adventures for those who dare to go off-road on two wheels in Crete. Greece's largest island is unique for professional or leisure bikers.
7. Hiking. If there is an area that is ideal for hiking of all kinds, it's Crete; mountaineering trails, easily or difficulty accessible, small or big plateaus, caves, gorges, high peaks, secluded beaches, forests, rare flora... what else can a hiker ask?
8. Bungee Jumping. For adventurists who are keen to the adrenaline rush in the blood, Aradena Bridge (in Aradena Gorge) is the highest bridge (138 meters) high for jumping with elastic rope bungee jumping in Greece and the second in Europe.
9. Rock Climbing. Crete has wonderful spots for climbing thanks to the rugged landscape that creates so many interesting geological formations to explore by the sea all seasons. Note down to visit for climbing Plakias, Kria Vrissi and Agia Paraskevi Cage.
airbnb superhost since 2014
of Travel & Tourist Agencies