From the very first day, the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO) provides information on the measures taken for the coronavirus outbreak by the Greek Government. For info related to tourism, our visitors and the situation in our country you can visit the special section in www.visitgreece.gr.
What do we do in our properties in order to keep them clean and safe
- All our properties provide a certificate from companies that they have been disinfected
- All of our properties provide santitizer gels, tissues, and disposable paper towels
- Before their arrival, we make sure that before any arrival, all windows and doors stay open in order for fresh air to ventilate the property
What you must do while you are on holiday in order to stay safe
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly, and using hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are unwell.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, and mouth when your hands are not clean.
- Minimize physical contacts such as handshakes and hugs.
- Open windows to allow air circulation.
- Disinfect frequently used items such as cellphones and laptops.
Updated Cancelation Policy
On Monday 13/04/2020 the Greek Government Gazette published the new regulation allowing Greek airlines, ferries and tourism enterprises (hotels and travel agencies) to reimburse customers with 18-month vouchers for bookings that were canceled due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, instead of cash refunds.
The measure ensures that holidaymakers will not lose their money and will have the chance to use their booking towards another holiday at a future date with the same business. The legislation also addresses liquidity issues for Greek travel agencies, hotels, airlines and ferry companies in efforts to mitigate the effects of mass cancelled trips due to the Covid-19 crisis. However, it is noted clearly that if the vouchers are not used within 18 months by customers, businesses will be required to refund the initial amount of the bookings in cash.
Other EU countries, including Germany, France, Italy, UK etc have also been under the new regulation since their Governments also included the new regulation by issuing a voucher instead of issuing refunds. The European Travel Agents’ and Tour Operators’ Association (ECTAA) has stated that ‘We welcome the pragmatism taken by the European Commission. The consumer retains his right to refund by having a voucher for future travel rather than an immediate refund, which will accelerate the financial demise of the travel agent. There is nothing to gain for the customer if the travel agents go bankrupt, as the guarantee systems in place will not be able to absorb all the refund claims of consumers.
The 18-month voucher for airline tickets concerns flights that were booked in advance on Greek airlines and then cancelled between 25 February 2020 and 30 September 2020. In a time period of 18 months, customers at any time may use their vouchers towards any destination of the network of the airline they had originally booked a trip with.
The 18-month voucher concerns domestic and international ferry tickets that were booked on Greek coastal ferries. It concerns cancellations for the period from 25 February 2020 until 31 October 2020. Vouchers for ferry travel will be issued for customers who cannot travel due to restrictions; do not wish to travel due to uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic; or due to cancellation – under Greek or EU law – of scheduled routes. In a time period of 18 months, customers may at any time use their vouchers for any destination of the network of the coastal shipping company that had originally made the booking with. All vouchers will be equal to the price of tickets that were originally booked for trips that were canceled.
Hotel, Accommodations, Holiday Rentals, Travel Agency bookings
The 18-month voucher concerns individual bookings or reservations for package travel. It concerns cancellations that have been made by either the tourism enterprise or the customer of any nationality due to the Covid-19 pandemic, during the period from February 25 2020 until 30 September 2020. The value of each voucher must be equal to the amount paid by the customer in advance when making the booking. The tourism enterprise is obliged to offer the customer the possibility to use the voucher for the provision of the same service or similar to the one that was originally paid for. If the total value of the service chosen by the customer is less than the value of the voucher, the customer may choose to either receive a new voucher for the amount corresponding to the difference in value, with a duration to be agreed between the parties, or receive the difference in cash when the original voucher expires. On the other hand, if the total value of the service chosen by the customer exceeds the value of the voucher, the difference is paid by the customer to the tourism enterprise.
Terms and Conditions for Use of the Credit Voucher
- In case that your stay is from 60 to 0 days, you will be able to keep the amounts paid to us and a 'Credit Voucher' will be issued for a future stay in the same property as originally booked for new stay dates until 31.12.2021 (travel must be completed until this date).
- In case that the property you had booked has a non-refundable cancelation policy for the deposit or for the balance payment, you will be able to keep the amount paid to us and a ‘’Credit Voucher’’ will be issued for a future stay in the same property as originally booked by changing your booking dates for new stay dates until 31.12.2021 (travel must be completed until this date).
- In case that your stay is after 60 days from today, a 'Credit Voucher' will be issued for a future stay in the same property as originally booked for new stay dates within 18 months of the issue date of the Credit Voucher. If the voucher is not used within 18 months, we will refund in full the initial amount stated in the Credit Voucher by bank transfer.
- The Credit Voucher cannot be replaced or used for other goods or services, such us transfers, car rentals etc but only for accommodation
- The Credit Voucher is issued under the respective currency which in this case is Euros
We remain at your disposal for any further questions you may have.
Let’s stay calm and stay safe!